Wednesday, October 15, 2008

O hey, I have a blog!

So I haven't written/vented in a while. Let's see what's happened since then...

July: Went to the beach in North Carolina with the fam, got to see the grandparents, and got to chill out.
Also went up to NY for a few days, got to see my "adopted" families up there and hang out with my girlies

August: worked 5 days a week for the first two weeks, then the second two was 6 days. Got some lovely paychecks out of that, and a have a kickin' recommendation waiting for me when I need it because I did pretty much everything there was to do there except pay the bills. Combine me doing everything with being respectful and honest (three of my coworkers got fired for skimming money...idiots) and being personable, they love me. My manager is practically begging me to work over winter break. I say this not to brag, but simply to show that it's really not that hard to please those in authority over us. To God be the glory. :)
Jennifer left in August :( I'm reallly hoping to go see her in Florida over winter break otherwise I don't see her until summer...
School started last week in August. The new freshies are (for the most part) soo cute! My class was definitely not that cute. First day of classes was Daddy's birthday :)

September: not much to speak of. School stuff, making new friends, catching up with friends from last year, all the first month of school fun stuff. Mom and Little sister's birthdays...Little sister is 14 now...growing up too fast :/

October: Grammy went home to be with Jesus Oct 2 :'(. Sad but I know she's dancing with the angels. God must have needed a little more joy up there in heaven :}

So far October has been up and down, just trying to keep up with everything. School is stressing me out but that's kinda life in college, right? One of my friends got robbed at gunpoint the other night...methinks I'll stop walking around at night by myself so much.

That reminds me (don't ask why, it just does) I need to get my hands on the rest of the books in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series....OMG SO GOOD! Little sis had me read the first one and I was instantly addicted. Not that I have time to read for pleasure, since 3 of my classes are all reading all the time, but still. WANT!

I've also been introduced to some new music: Crazy Loop, Shake It, and White Tie Affair.

Upcoming events: License test #2 this saturday, Intervarsity Fall Conference at Summit Lake next weekend (YAY!!), Monsterbash 10/30 at Bedrock (woohoo!) which means i need to find time (as if there is such a thing) to go shopping and get my costume

Oye so little time so much to do....Now off to study for a history midterm.

Peace y'all!

P.S. Common Sense Life Lesson for the week: Don't let your little cousin climb all over you in dress clothes (Oh c'mon those stockings cost like $5 and she was too cute to resist)

No comments: