Tuesday, March 25, 2008

spring break and back to school

So here I am skipping Spanish class once again...yes I know I'm a horrible child. I can only do this so frequently becuaswe it's a pointlessly easy class, despite being a 202 class. I feel bad because I told Maya I would actually go to class today...but it didn't happen. I do need to talk with my profesora at some point today or soon becuase she has yet to respond to my emails regarding making up the midterm. One would think that sending an email to both her email addresses explaining why I missed the exam (sick/fainting) and asking when I could make it up, both emails sent before or during break, would get at least a courtesy response. Then again, she is also very scatterbrained and most likely ADD to some extent.

Spring break review...break was nice, it could have been longer, but I enjoyed it. Monday was my sleep in/lay around/be a bum day. Tuesday was hair and nails and misc errands with mom. Wednesday I tagged along with my brother's field trip to the Smithsonian art museum. I half jokingly commented that I wanted to go, and surpisingly enough, he quickly agreed, inviting me to come along. Not that he payed much attention to me, seeing as his attention was focused mostly on another young lady :p (so cute tho). I love French Impressionist art, and wandering around the art museum trying to navigate closed staircases and cramming 13 people into 5 person elevators was fun. Thursday was shopping with my girl yay :) For the record, the DSW on Democracy ave in Bethesda is amazing! It's two floors! Two floors of shoes! Then to Montgomery mall for a bit, then over to Montgomery College to watch my friend's sisters' softball team scrimmage the MC girls softball. That was cold, but fun. Friday was originally supposed to be art museum with my girl then somewhere to watch the UMBC-Georgetown game. Due to leaving about an hour later than planned, it ended up being her going to the art museum for a bit, while I called my dad to get me directions to the JW Marriott hotel where I could watch the game. She caught up to me later and finished watching the game with me then we went back to her house for dinner and a movie. Enchanted is a very dumb but very cute movie. Saturday was time with the family, then Sunday was EASTER!!! Daddy and I sang in the choir at church per usual and then we had Easter dinner with just our family and Gram (who was in town for the week) which was comical but a very nice way to end the week.

Back to school...seeing as all good things must come to an end, I finished my Easter Sunday by coming back to school (lame...). After much thought and debate, I dropped my Human Genetics class. My interest in the subject was rapidly waning in the face of quizzes and assignments covering material not yet taught, and a professor who taught a non-major class as if it was for majors. This means good things because it's no longer bringing down my GPA, but it also means I'll finish out the semester with only 29 cumulative credits. That means I'll have to take a summer class in order to earn sophmore standing, but I was planning on taking another science class over the summer anyhow to make up for dropping the class. The credit thing just makes it more of a necessity than an option. I also signed myself up for calculus tutoring seeing as calculus and my brain don't seem to want to get along well.
Now that basketball season is over, I'll have to find some other way to occupy my weekends. Saw something about 80's prom this weekend, we'll see if I feel like going to that. I can't believe that I'm 3/4 of the way through the year already. Where does the time go? In 9 weeks I will be done with my first year of college. Ack! Where is my life going?! God is good though, and I have very little worth complaining over. I can't wait until the warm weather is here. Warm sunny days laying out by the pool with country radio and peach iced tea, or frantically rushing around at work trying to keep up with the lunch rush or the dinner rush or the evening beer rush. Or riding around on the beverage cart trying to communicate to this one group of asian golfers that no they can't take 12 beers when they only payed for 8. That's a ways away though. Closer are the days where I'll be able to sit outside and study in the sun, and I'll be complaining because the lecture halls crank the airconditioning to about 50 degrees when its only 70 degrees outside. Flowers and sun and flip flops...come quickly!

Well off to be a good little student and make the best of my week.

Peace y'all

P.S. Common Sense Life Lesson for the week: when posting web links for the use of the general public, make sure they work properly (this I learn from a friend on whose website I caught a couple of bad links :p )

No comments: