Wednesday, April 2, 2008

this crazy world we call life

Sooo life is interesting no? The days seem to alternate between dragging on and going by too fast. Soon it will be summer...

Calculus is evil evil evil. It doesn't like me. I have an exam in two days. I should be studying. I am missing my original notebook with all my notes from the beginning of the year...not good. I can manage for this test, but if I don't find it by finals then...yikes. Here's hoping I pull off a decent grade on the exam and start understanding or at least memorize enough to get by.

Politics is a dirty business. I love it but it's full of backstabbing and trash talking and mud slinging. Everyone is just peachy until they're against each other competing for a position. Then it gets ugly. I'm not just talking national politics either. One of my friends is running for Student Government President and I'm learning a lot about the Student Government, how it works, what it does for us, and just how nasty
people can be. It's interesting to see it all play out from a closer standpoint.

Yay for closure. Hooray for finally being free of emotional entanglements that have haunted me for the past three months. I feel like a huge burden has been removed; I have my life back! I can focus on the future and stop living in the past. The past week has seen me much more content and in overall better spirits.

Despite the wonderful emotional solutions, the physical problems come back to bite me. It's spring so sinus headaches abound. The past couple weeks my headaches have been worse then usual, some bad enough to the point where I skip class. Not so fun. Yay for meds but they only work for so long. I'm praying they ease up or else the rest of this semester will be not so fun. I don't want to have to go to the doctor either.

April fools is a fun day. I tinfoiled my suitemate's mirror and computer...she was so confused. The look on her face was priceless. She still doesn't know it was me, and I'll keep it that way for now :). I also had one of my skater friends believing that the university cops were gonna crack down on the no skateboarding policy and start giving tickets and fines. He was pissed. I was highly amused. I told him April Fools eventually, he was even more pissed. Fun times...

So ironically enough, just when I get free of the emotional entanglements, more options start presenting themselves. This frustrates me. On the one hand it's like why not see what might come of it. On the other hand it's like I finally have the peace and freedom I've been wanting for the past 3 months, though it seems longer. I don't really want to get emotionally attached/involved again so soon. Then there's always the likelihood that I'm completely over thinking things. I tend to do that a lot, too much for my own good. *sigh* at this point I'm just gonna chill out about it. I have bigger things to worry about, such as passing calculus with a C or better.
Anywho on to more internet surfing or piano playing.
Time to make a phone call to the best friend...miss her like crazy :)
Peace y'all

P.S. Common Sense Life Lesson for the week: when using your campus card to pay for the gameroom, make sure you have enough $$ on your card. Fun times


No comments: