Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Adventure Continues! Spring Break Day 4

So I'm a day late in posting this but I was too tired to post when I got back last night. I'm going to regret staying up to post tonight, but I know if I don't, I'll forget things.

Day 4 was our big adventure/shopping day. Despite the rain, we headed down to Broadway at the Beach, a touristy place in Myrtle Beach with boutiques, restaurants, and other entertainment. It took us a while to get there, because we got a little lost on the way. Surprise surprise. What day is complete without us getting lost, especially if I'm driving? Once we finally arrived, we hit up a few stores, then decided to grab pretzels at Auntie Anne's before heading to the mall to make the most of our time and limited money. Since it was a rainy day, there were a decent number of people at the mall, but not crowded. In the food court, I made a wonderful discovery. I found Chic Fil A!!! This made me very excited, as I was lamenting the loss of chic fil a fries while away from school. (Side note: if zombies ever attack UMBC, they better leave Chic Fil A intact). We managed to browse a variety of stores before the mall closed at 2100.

Once we were done shopping, we called for directions to the house in North Myrtle Beach where we knew some of my friends from UMBC are staying this week. Upon arriving on their street, we drove up and down for a bit, but found the house. Apparently in South Carolina, they don't believe in posting house numbers in visible areas. Go figure. In any case, we hung out there talking to the guys and playing games till around 0130ish. We said goodbye, headed back to my grandparents' and went straight to bed. We grabbed our electronics and other valuables, but left most of our shopping stuff in the car since we were tired and just wanted to sleep.

That about sums up Day 4 of our wonderful adventures. More to come! As always, video diary of the trip is being continued on youtube if you search Stephanie and Devon's Spring Break Adventures.

Quote for the day: "No tienes nada!" ~Me and Steph

Peace y'all.

P.S. Common Sense Life Lesson for the day: Put numbers on the house where they're easily seen by day or night from the road, not from 2 feet away.

No comments: