Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stephanie and Devon's Spring Break Adventure

So we're wrapping up day two of our lovely adventure. It was fun but tiring. Thankfully for me, Steph was the one driving today, so I'm less tired than yesterday. I got the fun part today...navigation. Woohoo for Devon learning how to read a map!

Today started around 1115. Well, my day did. Steph was up around 0930. She also went to bed about two hours before I did, so it all evens out. I was tired but finally dragged myself out of bed in the interest of watching the UMBC vs Binghamton basketball game. It was the America East Championship, and the winner continued on to the NCAA. Unfotunately UMBC lost ::cry::. Then again, I don't think anyone really expected us to even make it to the Conference Championship this year since our team didn't have last year's success rate. It'll be Binghamton's first trip to the NCAA, so congrats to them for making it that far, but I'll still be rooting for whoever plays against them.

Once the game was over, I finished my homemade breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee (the essential), and got myself cleaned up for the day while listening to Queen (<3333 so much). Packed up my stuff, did the dishes, said goodbye to my uncle, my cousin, and my uncle's wife (step-aunt?) and hit the road with Steph around 1530. Since Steph was driving, I got to do the video diary. Yay!! We took 9 videos today, bringing our total to 15 videos in two days. You can see them on youtube if you search "Stephanie and Devon's Spring Break Adventure". Woot.

So once again, it took us about much longer than originally planned to reach our destination. From Lake Gaston, up on the border of VA and NC, to Calbash, on the border of NC and SC, should have taken about 4.5--5 hours including stopping for gas/ice/krispy kreme. We took 6 hours. Blehhhh. We got a bit discombobulated when we were on the highway. We got on the right highway, southbound interstate 795, but shortly after getting on, there apparently is a split with 795 and eastbound NC state route 264. We eneded up traveling aproximately 45 minutes east toward the coast when we were supposed to be going south toward Calabash. Joyous. In any case, we found a road that would take us back down where we needed to be and got back on track. All in all, it was just another part of the adventure. Plus it was kinda scenic...we got to see some horses and very rural areas of NC. Finally got to my Grandparent's house just before 2200. My amazing wonderful grandmother had kept meatballs and sauce warm for us since whenver she ate dinner, and fed us after we arrived. Nothing like warm food to take the edge off after a long day of driving in the rain.

So I think that about covers day 2...Music enjoyed today included Queen, Kelly Clarkson, The Jonas Brothers, Lifehouse, The Killers, David Archuleta, and various artists/songs from my "f*** you" playlist including All American Rejects, Dixie Chicks, Simple Plan, and many more! Going to finish up some AIM convos now and head to sleep. Hooray for sleeping in! More updates tomorrow.

Quote for the day: "We have ourselves and a camera. There will be entertainment!" ~me

Peace y'all.

P.S. Common Sense Life Lesson for the week day: Don't assign the half-deaf guy at the gated community guardhouse the responsbility of talking to people as they come in. It makes it rather tedious and frustrating for both parties when you're saying something over and over again, and he's not hearing you over and over again, even though he's less than 6 inches from you.

No comments: