Monday, March 16, 2009

Knick Knacks, Jigsaws, and Rummy--Spring Break Day 3

The adventure continues! Yay!! Today was very relaxing, which was what we needed after two days of driving. We slept in, Steph til 1100ish, me till 12ooish. By the time we had eaten breakfast, gotten cleaned up, and eaten lunch, it was about 1530. We set out for Sunset Beach, the local island beach where my family vacations every summer. It was cold, rainy, and misty, but we had lots of fun and of course, took many pictures and continued our video diary. We only took 4 videos today, and the saga continues on youtube. Search for Stephanie and Devon's Spring Break Adventure :)

The misty fog from the drizzle was actually a very nice touch, in my opinion. It made for some neat pictures. A little photo shop to up the contrast on some of them gets the full effect of what the camera couldn't quite capture. After galavanting around the beach and frolicking in water so cold it'll give your toes hypothermia (lol I love you Steph) we zipped over to Calahan's. This store is hug, and pure beach touristy goodness! Everything you could want in a beach tourist shop and more, including a whole wing of Christmas items, lots of salt water taffy, and a fudge counter. We found a kitty in the Christmas section!! Her name was Spooks; she was black with white on her paws and chest. ADORABLE!! She was very friendly :) I didn't buy anything, as I didn't have money on me, but I established a couple things I'd like to get when we go back (which of course we will!) Today was preview shopping, which actually helps you save money on impulse buys. Heaven knows I could buy 90% of that store if I had the money!! OH, one of the cool things I saw there...THEY HAVE SNOW GLOBES!!! I can never find those anymore. I used to have a whole passle of them when I was little, but nowadays it seems like nobody ever has them, except maybe at Christmas. They make good Christmas gifts, esp as a gag gift (hehehe...).

We returned home to my grandparents' house in time for a lovely dinner of Turkey, broccoli, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and rolls. So yummy! After dinner we chit chatted with my grandparents for a while, then cleared the table and went to work on a jigsaw puzzle. This puzzle is very unique, in that it is not a rectangular puzzle! It's sea turtles and some other aquatic life, and the puzzles peices are odd shapes. Parts of the puzzle go every which way, and it was tricky, but Stephanie ended up finishing it after we took a break to play rummy and eat Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Chunk ice cream.

Tomorrow, or rather later today by this point, Steph and I will continue our adventures in Myrtle Beach. We're waking up earlyish to have breakfast and head down to Broadway at the Beach, then the mall. Shopping here we come!!!

Quote for the day: "I think my toes have hypothermia!" ~Steph
Quote #2 for the day: "Muy si!" ~Devon

Peace y'all.

No comments: